J.B. Hunt Truck Accident Lawyers
Los Angeles Truck Litigation Team Fighting for Your Rights
Our truck accident lawyers at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman have experience representing people harmed in J.B. Hunt tractor-trailer crashes. Over the last 40 years, our firm has obtained justice and maximum compensation on behalf of hundreds of truck accident victims and their families. If you or a member of your family was harmed in a truck wreck, we can help.
Contact us here or call toll-free at (855) 948-5098 for a free case evaluation.
J.B. Hunt Company Snapshot
J.B. Hunt Transportation Services, Inc. provides transportation and delivery services throughout the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. Based in Lowell, Arkansas, J.B Hunt is one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America, with annual revenues in excess of $9 billion.
Johnnie Bryan Hunt founded J.B. Hunt Transport Services in Lowell, Arkansas in 1961. By 1983, J.B. Hunt’s fleet grew to 550 tractors and 1,049 trailers with roughly 1,050 employees. Today, J.B. Hunt is one of the largest trucking companies in the U.S. with about 24,000 employees, more than 12,000 trucks, and in excess of 100,000 trailers and containers.
J.B. Hunt Transport Trucking Operations
J.B. Hunt’s trucking operations include four segments:
- Intermodal (JBI): Provides intermodal freight transport, including origin and destination pickup, and delivery services. JBI operates over 88,000 pieces of company-owned trailer equipment and owns and maintains its own chassis fleet of 81,448 units. JBI also manages a fleet of 5,017 company-owned semis, 633 independent contractor trucks, and 6,208 company truck drivers.
- Dedicated Contract Services (DCS): Provides supply-chain solutions supporting transportation networks. DCS operates over 9,000 company-owned trucks, 412 customer-owned trucks, and dozens of independent contractor trucks. Additionally, DCS owns more than 20,000 pieces of trailer equipment and operates about 6,000 customer-owned trailers.
- Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS): Provides traditional freight brokerage and transportation logistics solutions, including less-than-truckload, expedited, flatbed, refrigerated, and various box truck and intermodal solutions. ICS also offers single-source logistics management for companies that want to outsource their transportation functions.
- Truckload (JBT): Provides full-load and box truck freight transport using more than 1,100 company-owned semi-trucks.
J.B. Hunt Accident Statistics
According to U.S. Department of Transportation statistics, J.B. Hunt was involved in 1,509 truck crashes over a recent 24-month period. More than 500 of those crashes resulted in injuries and 36 caused fatalities. Only a few trucking companies—including FedEx and UPS—were involved in more crashes over the same period of time.
According to the FMCSA, some of the violations among J.B. Hunt truck drivers included:
- Speeding 15-mph or more over the posted speed limit
- Texting while driving
- On-duty and in possession of drugs, including narcotics or amphetamines
- Speeding in a work or construction zone
- Hours-of-service violations, including driving while impaired by fatigue
Our Experience Litigating Against J.B. Hunt
J.B. Hunt claims that safety is the company’s top priority. Well-intentioned as that may appear, government safety data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) tells a different story. According to the FMCSA, J.B. Hunt has been cited more than 7,000 times over the last two years for safety violations. Over the same time span, J.B. Hunt trucks have been involved in more than 1,500 crashes.
If you or a family member sustained truck accident injuries in a crash involving a J.B. Hunt truck, someone from the company may call you and offer settlement compensation. Before you consider accepting any settlement, we highly recommend that you consult with a truck accident attorney first to protect your rights and learn the actual potential value of your claim. In addition to seeking just compensation for the victims of these accidents, these lawsuits have resulted in enhanced safety reforms in the trucking industry.
Retaining a truck crash law firm—one with experience litigating against J.B. Hunt—provides the best chance of obtaining justice and maximizing compensation for you and your family.
A Proven Track Record Against J.B. Hunt
If you or a member of your family was injured or killed in a car crash, pedestrian accident, or motorcycle crash involving a J.B. Hunt truck, you need a lawyer with experience investigating and litigating trucking claims. Our firm has obtained justice and compensation on behalf of victims of J.B. Hunt truck accidents.
Call today to speak with a J.B. Hunt truck crash attorney. Baum Hedlund offers free, no-hassle case evaluations, and one of our trucking lawyers can answer any questions you may have about your claim.
Contact us at (855) 948-5098 today to schedule your free consultation.
Commercial Truck Accident $15 Million
$15 million settlement for a person gravely injured by a major truck company
Commercial Truck Accident $8.5 Million
$8.5 million wrongful death verdict against food industry company, Tyson Foods
Truck Accident Settlement $6.9 Million
Fatal Truck Accident $6 Million
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C
We Have Never Met a More Wonderful Group of People- The B. Family