Deaths and Serious Injuries Linked to HPV Vaccine
The Gardasil vaccine, manufactured by Merck & Co., was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006 for use in preventing infection from only a few of the hundreds of types of human papillomavirus (HPV). Since hitting the market, however, thousands of adolescents and adults have reported serious and disabling Gardasil side effects after receiving the HPV vaccine, including death.
Gardasil was fast-tracked to the market, achieving FDA approval in six months, which usually takes three years. Even one of the principal investigators of the Gardasil clinical trials (the human testing that precedes FDA approval) said the process “went too fast.”
Gardasil Lawsuit Claims HPV Vaccine Caused Teen Severe Injuries | READ MOREThe clinical trials for the Gardasil HPV vaccine reveal several disturbing side effects that were not disclosed on the package insert:
- The miscarriage rate for subjects who were injected with Gardasil was 25%. The miscarriage rate for women under 30 in the U.S. is 12.5%.
- In the Gardasil group, 5 babies were born with congenital abnormalities. There were none in the control group (the group that does not receive treatment).
- 10.9% of women who took Gardasil reported reproductive and breast disorders within 7 months. In the Protocol 18 placebo group, that figure was 1.2% (through 12 months).
- The rate of Gardasil deaths in the clinical trials was 8.5 per 10,000, nearly double the background U.S. death rate for young women ages 15 to 24.
There are more than 64,000 case reports of HPV vaccine adverse reactions in the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System database. It is estimated that only 1% of serious adverse events are actually reported to VAERS.
Researcher Peter C. Gøtzsche in his book Vaccines: Truth, Lies, and Controversy noted some of the research inadequacies in the HPV vaccine clinical trials
“It is a requirement for registration of drugs that randomized trials have been carried out where one group received the drug and the control group received placebo or nothing. This allows assessment of both the benefits and harms of drugs. I have done research on non-vaccine drugs for decades and was shocked when I learned through my work with vaccines against human papilloma virus (HPV) that the regulatory requirements are much less for vaccines. Almost all the HPV vaccine trials have a control group receiving a hepatitis vaccine or a strongly immunogenic adjuvant, which makes it impossible to find out what the harms of the HPV vaccines are.”
Today, the Gardasil shot has left many young women and men suffering (FDA also approved Gardasil for boys), and it has been a living nightmare for parents whose children have experienced severe adverse reactions to the vaccine. They all trusted Gardasil, never suspecting the grave illnesses and disabilities that could follow.
Class Action Attorneys with Proven Track Record Against Major Pharmaceutical Companies
The Gardasil lawyers at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman represent individuals who were harmed by the HPV vaccine. If you or a member of your family suffered an adverse reaction after a Gardasil injection, we can help. Even if you suffered from Gardasil side effects years later, you may have a claim.
We are evaluating potential cases with the following HPV vaccine side effects after the Gardasil shot (or shots):
- Gardasil death
- Inflammatory disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Movement disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndromes
- Chronic pain syndromes, including Chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Interconnective tissue disorder
- Gardasil arthritis
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Heart problems, including severe arrhythmia and heart attacks
- Gardasil auto-immune disorders
- Pulmonary embolism
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Gardasil epilepsy (seizure disorder)
- Rheumatological disorders
- Birth defects
- Small fiber neuropathy
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia – CIN 2/3
- Reproductive disorders, including premature ovarian failure
If you or someone in your family sustained Gardasil injuries, we would like the opportunity to hear your story. You may be able to pursue legal action in a Gardasil lawsuit.
Our firm has successfully litigated against many of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, obtaining justice and maximum compensation on behalf of clients. Across all areas of practice, we have won more than $4 billion in settlements and verdicts.
If you have been harmed by the Gardasil vaccine, you might have a potential claim, please click here to fill out our contact form.