Nationwide Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for Victims of Truck Crashes in California and Nationwide
Over the last 40 years, Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman has aggressively and successfully represented several hundred truck accident victims and their families, obtaining maximum compensation and earning a track record of success against negligent trucking companies and operators. Based in Los Angeles, our team of attorneys has handled thousands of cases throughout the United States and won over $4 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients across all of our areas of practice, including truck accident litigation.
We get results:
- $20 million commercial vehicle verdict for wrongful death against Ride the Ducks International
- $15 million tractor trailer vs. pedestrian for catastrophic injury
- $8.5 million truck accident verdict for wrongful death against Tyson Foods
- $6.9 million truck accident settlement during trial against a major truck company
- $6 million truck accident settlement for a wrongful death case in a truck crash
- 62 truck crash lawsuits settled for $1 million or more
If you or a family member were involved in a trucking accident, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced truck crash attorney about your case. Contact us or call (855) 948-5098 for a free case evaluation.
Why Hire a Semi-Truck Accident Attorney?
Unlike a car accident lawsuit, truck crash lawsuits commonly involve several parties—including the trucker, the truck owner, the truck manufacturer, and the owner of whatever load is being transported at the time of the accident—as well as complex laws unique to truck accident cases. Trucking companies have an interest in protecting their bottom line. As such, they will be prepared to mount a rigorous defense to limit their exposure in litigation. An experienced truck crash injury lawyer will be able to reconstruct the crash to determine the cause (or causes) of your accident and the parties responsible.
Some other reasons truck accident cases can be complex to litigate:
- Falsifying log books. Truck companies have been known to pressure their drivers to falsify their log books denoting their time spent behind the wheel. Drivers often feel that pressure and remain behind the wheel despite being overworked and overtired. Driver fatigue is a substantial factor in truck accidents. An experienced lawyer will know how to review truck driver log books for any red flags and examine company training manuals for any subtle messaging meant to convey unrealistic (or illegal) expectations for drivers.
- Preservation of key evidence. Trucking companies may destroy driver logs after only six months. These logs are vital to reconstructing the accident and determining cause. A lawyer will be able to obtain these records while they are still available.
- Deep pockets and an abundance of resources. Truck companies often have financial reserves to defend themselves in litigation. To give yourself the best opportunity to prevail in court, you need legal representation that can finance technical experts or medical experts to prove to a judge or a jury that you are entitled to certain damages.
- Numerous parties involved. Truck accidents commonly involve several parties. An experienced truck accident lawyer will have a team of investigators that know how to determine cause and identify any and all responsible parties.
Commercial trucking companies (and their insurance carriers) face significant costs if they are held liable for personal injuries or fatalities caused by a trucking accident. Therefore, most trucking companies will send their own investigators, lawyers, and other personnel to the accident scene almost immediately. It is their job to control the accident scene and preserve evidence in a light most favorable to their clients.
It is important for truck accident victims and their families to understand that no matter how nice an insurance adjuster may be, or what amount of money they may offer — the insurance company and commercial trucking company are not looking out for your best interests.
Our law firm has witnessed the devastation caused by trucking accidents. Whether you have suffered a serious injury, a loved one has been severely injured, or a family member has died in a catastrophic truck accident, you deserve nothing less than representation from an experienced law firm that is truly committed to you and to obtaining the best possible results. Our goal is justice for every victim and to make trucking companies safer.
Experience and knowledge matter when choosing a truck accident attorney. Diane Marger Moore represents truck crash victims across the United States.
- Triple board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Regent, ATAA Board of Regents
- 40+ Years of Experience
- More than 200 trials conducted
- AV Preeminent Martindale Hubbell Rating
Experienced Truck Accident Litigation Attorneys
Our truck accident lawyers have represented hundreds of victims across the United States in various types of commercial vehicle crashes:
- Big rigs
- Box trucks
- Cement trucks
- Commercial delivery trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Gravel trucks
- Logging trucks
- Postal Service Trucks
- Produce Trucks
- Steam engines
- Street sweepers
- Tanker trucks
- Tow trucks
- Tractor trailers
- Utility trucks
- Water tanker trucks