California Wildfire Lawyer
Experienced Attorneys Representing Wildfire Victims
California wildfires are becoming more common each year as the effects of climate change intensify. Hundreds, if not thousands of people throughout the state are forced to evacuate their homes each year due to the threat of wildfires. Others sustain devastating personal injury or suffer the loss of a family member.
The California wildfire lawyers at Baum Hedlund are dedicated to helping people put their lives back together after tragedy strikes. We are also committed to vindicating your legal rights if a company’s negligence causes a wildfire. Those who suffer harm, or lose their homes, land, or property after a wildfire may ask themselves who, if anyone, is responsible for the cost of rebuilding their lives. California fire victims have legal rights and may be entitled to compensation for serious injuries, property loss, or other damages.
Your first step toward resolving insurance issues or pursuing a claim against a responsible party should be to retain an experienced California wildfire lawyer to advocate on your behalf. At Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman, we have extensive experience representing victims of mass disasters, including wildfires. We have helped thousands of clients obtain justice and maximum compensation. Across all areas of practice, our attorneys have earned more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements.
Wildfire News California
May 2022 Update: Baum Hedlund is investigating the Coastal Fire in Laguna Niguel, California, which started on the afternoon of May 11, 2022. The Coastal Fire burned 20 luxury homes and damaged 11 others in the Coronado Pointe neighborhood. In a report to the California Public Utilities Committee, Southern California Edison (SCE) said, “[o]ur information reflects circuit activity occurring close in time to the reported time of the fire. Our investigation is ongoing.”
If Southern California Edison is found to be responsible for the Laguna Niguel Coastal Fire, victims who lost property or sustained other financial losses may be eligible to pursue compensation for damages. To speak with a wildfire lawyer about pursuing a claim, fill out our contact form or call (855) 948-5098 today for a free and confidential case evaluation.
California Wildfire Lawsuit Team
Our wildfire litigation team is led by a board-certified trial lawyer with decades of experience litigating fire cases and other mass disasters. We have worked with some of the nation’s leading fire experts to strengthen our clients’ claims and maximize their claims.
Our Wildfire lawsuit team includes:
- Ronald L. M. Goldman: Ron is a senior shareholder and a board-certified trial lawyer. Since becoming a lawyer nearly 60 years ago, Ron has handled complex litigation at both the trial and appellate levels, and has represented hundreds of people involving personal injury and wrongful death claims related to mass disasters across the U.S. He has made countless TV, radio, and other media appearances as a legal expert for some of the world’s leading news agencies, including Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, ABC World News Tonight, CNN, Bloomberg News, Chicago Tribune, Forbes.com, Fox News Channel, The Guardian, Los Angeles Times, MSNBC, National Law Journal, NPR, Associated Press and the Washington Post.
- Michael L. Baum: Michael is the managing shareholder at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman. He has successfully led the firm through thousands of wrongful death and personal injury cases stemming from mass disasters. His experience litigating fire cases began in 1987 when he worked on the Dupont Plaza Hotel arson case, one of the deadliest hotel fires in U.S. history. Under Michael’s leadership, Baum Hedlund developed a reputation for breaking new ground, holding Fortune 500 companies accountable, influencing public policy, raising public awareness and improving product safety.
- Ari Friedman: Ari has more than a decade of experience handling significant litigation involving corporate wrongdoing, including wildfire cases. He has helped hundreds of homeowners, high net-worth individuals, and companies navigate the complexities of insurance claims and litigation with losses connected to utility-caused natural disasters and wildfires. Most recently, he helped victims recover from the devastating effects of the Woolsey, Thomas, and Bobcat fires.
- Cara J. Luther: Cara has 30 years of experience litigating catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases stemming from mass disasters. Before she became an attorney, Cara worked in the insurance industry, first as a salesperson and then as a claims adjuster. This experience gives her the skill required to help our clients with insurance matters, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with counsel for the defense and their insurance adjusters in complex cases such as this.
- Matthew French: Matt is an integral member of the litigation team that successfully represented hundreds of Camp and Woolsey fire victims. He is at his best working on cases that not only help his clients but also affect positive change and deter similar incidents from happening in the future.