Helen E. Tokar is an attorney in the Los Angeles office of Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman where she focuses her practice on the firm’s Zantac cancer litigation.
For eight years before joining Baum Hedlund, Helen gained considerable experience handling a variety of practice areas, including criminal defense and landlord/tenant law. She was also responsible for a substantial caseload of personal injury cases where she handled everything from A to Z. She litigated cases, wrote demands, conducted discovery and depositions, prepared clients for deposition and trial, handled mediations and settlement discussions, negotiated with insurance companies and supervised case managers. Helen has also made many court appearances including successfully serving as second-chair in a jury trial for a personal injury case.
Helen obtained a B.A. at USC and her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. While in law school, Helen really enjoyed her pro bono work mediating small claims cases as a Certified Student Mediator.
- University of Southern California (B.A. in Communication, 2007)
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- CALI Award Recipient for California Evidence, 2010
- Certificates of Merit Award in California Evidence, Introduction to Mediation & Advanced Mediation
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2021
Awards and Honors
- State Bar of California
- The American Association for Justice; Leaders Forum, Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts (STEP)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California, President’s Club Benefactor
Pro Bono and Civic Activities
- During law school, she facilitated settlement discussions and resolved many small claims matters as a Certified Student Mediator