Harrison E. James is an attorney in the Los Angeles office of Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman, where he focuses his practice on the firm’s pharmaceutical drug liability, class action, and consumer fraud litigation.
Harrison joined Baum Hedlund in May 2019 as a law clerk while he was still a student at UCLA School of Law. He was hired as an attorney in May 2021 after passing the California bar exam.
During his time at UCLA, Harrison was the Chief Managing Editor of the Pacific Basin Law Journal. He was also a member of two moot court competition teams—the UCLA Cybersecurity Moot Court Team that placed second in the Qatar International Cyber Security Contest, and the UCLA Clara Barton IHL Competition Team that received an award for best brief.
Harrison completed his undergraduate work at the University of Southern California, where he was a Presidential Scholar and a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He graduated magna cum laude in 2016 as a Philosophy and English double major.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 2020 with a specialization in Law and Philosophy)
- University of Southern California (B.A., magna cum laude, 2016)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- California, 2021
- Class Actions
- Complex and Multi-District Litigation
- Consumer Fraud Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Prescription Drugs
- Gardasil Vaccine Lawsuit
- Pharmaceutical Drug Product Liability
- Product Liability Law
- Wrongful Death Law
Awards and Honors
- Listed, The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- State Bar of California
- National Lawyers Guild—Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California
- The American Association for Justice; Leaders Forum, Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts (STEP)
Pro Bono/Civic Activities
- Participated in UCLA Law School’s Tribal Legal Development Clinic
- Participated in El Centro Youth Deportation Defense Clinic
- Served as an intern at Loyola Project for the Innocent