Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers
Advocating for Truck Accident Victims for 40+ Years
Were you or a family member injured in a preventable Los Angeles truck accident because of another party’s carelessness or negligence? The nationally recognized lawyers at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman can help you seek the maximum amount of compensation available under the law. No one should be subject to avoidable injury, nor should anyone be stuck having to pay for associated expenses.
At Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman, we know that it can be difficult to overcome the physical, mental, and emotional injury caused by a truck accident. Our firm has helped many clients bring negligent truck operators to justice, as evidenced by just a handful of our past successes, some of which include:
- $15 million settlement for a commercial trucking accident
- $8.5 million landmark win for a commercial trucking accident (classified as the largest verdict for the death of an unmarried Ohio resident)
- $6.9 million settlement for a truck accident involving a semi-truck
Please note that past favorable results do not guarantee a similar outcome in future cases. However, we will apply the valuable insight and skills we learned during these cases to reinforce the strength of your claim.
Reach out to Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman at (855) 948-5098. Our Los Angeles truck accident attorneys are here to help.
Are Truck Accidents Common in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles highways riddled with construction and potholes, city streets that are often at too steep an incline, and miles-long stretches of interstate highways without rest stops are bound to pose risks to even the most conscientious truck drivers. These same roads become significantly more dangerous when drivers ignore safety protocols and drive recklessly, while fatigued, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
According to truck crash statistics from the California Highway Patrol (CHP), Los Angeles County sees on average 2,200 injury truck crashes and 50 fatal truck crashes on an annual basis, by far more than any other county in the state.*
*based on CHP statistics over 5-year period
How to Pick the Best Attorney
For most people harmed in a Los Angeles accident, picking out the best attorney boils down to the following:
- Specialty: Attorneys have different specialties, just like doctors. You wouldn’t want a cardiologist to perform surgery on your knee, would you? If a family member were in a car accident, you’d want to go with an attorney who specializes in car accident litigation. If you or a family member were in a truck accident, you would want to make sure you pick an attorney who specializes in truck accident law.
Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman accident attorney Diane Marger Moore is one of a select few litigators in the country to receive board certification in three different areas:
- Board Certified Truck Accident Lawyer
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate
- Reputation: These days, there are consumer reviews on everything, including lawyers and the firms they work for. Be sure to read client testimonials from lawyers and their law firms. Attorneys should be happy to connect you with past clients they have represented so they can give you a firsthand history of their experience working with the lawyer/law firm.
- History: A law firm that has a lengthy practice history litigating cases like yours should give you confidence.
- Trial Experience: While it may be true that the vast majority of car and truck accident lawsuits are settled out of court, your attorney should have extensive trial experience, in the event your claim cannot be settled out of court. Car and truck accident lawsuits that proceed to trial are often complex, requiring adherence to proper procedures and rules of evidence. Put simply, this task should not be left to a novice.
- Track Record: It may seem obvious, but any attorney you hire should have an established winning record.
Do I Qualify for a LA Truck Accident Claim?
If a truck driver, trucking company, and/or truck manufacturer caused or contributed to an accident that left you injured, you may be able to pursue justice and compensation in a truck accident lawsuit.
Most Los Angeles truck accidents are caused by:
- Ignoring safety protocols
- Hauling oversized loads
- Tire blowouts
- Outdated brakes
- Brake failure
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Inadequately trained truck drivers
- Improper truck maintenance
If you believe any of these were factors in a truck crash that caused you harm, it is highly advisable that you discuss the matter with an accident attorney who has experience litigating against major truck companies and their insurers.
How Can a Los Angeles Truck Crash Lawyer Help?
Attorneys who specialize in truck accident law understand the rules and regulations that apply to trucking companies and their drivers. They are also familiar with the regulations governing the manufacture and maintenance of big rig trucks.
To win your case, an attorney must prove that a truck driver, trucking company, truck manufacturer, or any other applicable party was negligent in your accident. Third parties that lease or subcontract trucks or trailers, can also be held liable for negligence or malfeasance if their actions contributed to your accident. Even a government entity may be held liable if, for example, they failed to properly maintain roads or ensure that roadway safety signs were visible for drivers.
What If I Am Partially Responsible for the Crash?
In the state of California, injured individuals who may be partially at-fault for a crash between a car and a truck can still pursue legal action because the state employs comparative negligence, which means all contributing acts of negligence are taken into account. The defendant (or defendants) in a comparative negligence case will likely try to increase how responsible you as the victim are for the accident and argue that their client (the trucker or trucking company) is “less responsible” to limit their liability. This is why retaining legal counsel with years of experience successfully resolving truck accident cases is vitally important to protecting your legal rights in these matters.
Is It Worth It to Hire an Attorney?
Truck accident cases are often highly complex and require skill and expertise to litigate. Whether it is a truck driver who does not want to admit fault, a trucking company trying to avoid responsibility, or insurance agents skilled at denying a claim, an experienced attorney can fight for you throughout the claims process to prevent these parties from taking advantage of you.
If you are seeking legal representation, Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman wants to hear from you. We have won billions of dollars for our clients, including cases for victims of truck accidents. Acclaimed by The Best Lawyers in America®, Super Lawyers®, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, and numerous others, our legal team boasts board-certified civil trial lawyers, including in truck accident law.
Contact our Los Angeles-based firm online or call (855) 948-5098 today for a free consultation.
Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto Co. $2 Billion
Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto Co. $289.2 Million
Pharmaceutical Settlement $105 Million
Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. $80 Million
Paxil Pediatric Class Action $63 Million
Third-Party Payer Class Action $40 Million
Defective Drug Class Action $28 Million
Whistleblower Settlement $18 Million
$18 million settlement for Boeing government overcharging on aircraft maintenance
A Major US Plane Crash $17.5 Million
Commercial Truck Accident $15 Million
$15 million settlement for a person gravely injured by a major truck company
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C
We Have Never Met a More Wonderful Group of People- The B. Family