Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Helping Recover Damages for Motorcyclists Injured in Crashes
In 2018, nearly 5,000 motorcyclists in the United States were killed in crashes, according to government statistics. Los Angeles, a city known for its traffic congestion, sees hundreds of motorcyclists injured or killed each year.
If you or a family member were in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a legal claim to obtain compensation from the party who caused the crash. The Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman want to protect your rights and fight to maximize your compensation.
With years of experience representing auto accident victims, our seasoned trial lawyers provide clients with aggressive representation in court. To date, our efforts have earned more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients across all areas of practice.
Call Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman at (855) 948-5098 to begin. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Los Angeles offer free initial consultations and same-day appointments.
Who Can File a Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Sadly, no one on the road is completely safe from accidents; though this is especially true for motorcyclists in the Los Angeles area. According to data from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), the number of traffic deaths in urban areas, including LA, has increased. Among the fatal transportation accident types that have risen since 2009 in urban areas, bicyclist deaths have increased 48%, pedestrian deaths have increased 69%, and motorcycle deaths have increased 33%.
Due to the limited amount of protection that a motorcycle provides to its rider, crashes often lead to catastrophic, life-changing injuries, or even death. If the other party engaged in one or more of the following acts of negligence and caused you injury, you likely have grounds for a claim:
- Ignoring traffic laws and regulations
- Cutting off a motorcyclist
- Tailgating a motorcyclist
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to signal while turning or merging
- Failing to check for motorcyclists when changing lanes
- Opening a car door in the middle of traffic
- Passing a motorcyclist without leaving sufficient room
If your accident was caused by one of these acts, speak to an attorney to see if filing a lawsuit is a viable option for you. An accident attorney may be able to recover damages for any injuries sustained, the cost of medical treatment, pain and suffering, emotional distress, psychological damage, lost wages due to time missed from work, property damage, and more.
If you are still unsure whether your injury warrants a claim, some common examples are:
- Serious burns
- Brain injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputations or partial limb loss
- Short- or long-term disability
Can I File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit if I Was Partially at Fault?
California law also allows for motorcycle accident lawsuits to be pursued even if the cyclist may have been partially at fault for the accident. The courts may consider these cases based on what is called “comparative negligence.” This simply means that those partially at fault can file a claim, though any awarded compensation may be reduced according to percentage of responsibility.
Please note: Any awarded compensation will be scaled back based on your percentage of fault, which will be determined by the judge and jury overseeing your claim.
Why Work with a Motorcycle Crash Attorney?
While motorcycle crash victims may file a claim with their insurance provider or in the civil justice system on their own, working with an experienced attorney can help level the playing field to ensure they receive the maximum compensation available. At-fault parties will use all of the resources at their disposal to limit their liability, so accident victims are best served with legal representation that understands the complexities of each unique case. Furthermore, an experienced motorcycle crash lawyer will investigate the crash and determine if other parties may be liable, thus increasing the potential value of the case.
When it comes to choosing a lawyer, there are many factors that set Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman apart from the competition, including the following:
- Highly regarded among industry organizations: Super Lawyers®, the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, U.S. News — Best Lawyers®, and others have all recognized us for our skilled legal work.
- Skilled negotiators with a proven track record of success: Our lawyers have advocated for injured motorcyclists for decades and have effectively recovered many multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Extensive experience in a range of practice areas: We have represented clients in a variety of related practice areas, including truck accident litigation, bus crash litigation, and others, which means that we can effectively apply our adaptive legal knowledge to help strengthen your case’s strong points.
- Respected by peers and former clients: Our attorneys are well-respected by our peers and past clients, and we would be happy to provide you with references so you can hear for yourself how we have helped countless clients seek justice.
To experience the peace of mind that comes with having an award-winning legal team in your corner, work with Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman.
Fill out an online form to contact our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers. Se habla español.
Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto Co. $2 Billion
Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto Co. $289.2 Million
Pharmaceutical Settlement $105 Million
Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. $80 Million
Paxil Pediatric Class Action $63 Million
Third-Party Payer Class Action $40 Million
Defective Drug Class Action $28 Million
Whistleblower Settlement $18 Million
$18 million settlement for Boeing government overcharging on aircraft maintenance
A Major US Plane Crash $17.5 Million
Commercial Truck Accident $15 Million
$15 million settlement for a person gravely injured by a major truck company
“The Baum, Hedlund firm has some of the top legal minds in the country; they are driven, determined, trustworthy, ethical and passionate.”- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C
We Have Never Met a More Wonderful Group of People- The B. Family