The board-certified accident lawyers at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman have experience representing people harmed in J.B. Hunt tractor-trailer crashes. Over the last 40+ years, our firm has obtained justice and maximum compensation on behalf of hundreds of truck accident victims and their families. If you or a member of your family was harmed in a truck wreck, we can help. Contact us here or call toll-free 800-827-0087 for a free case evaluation.
Truck Accident Attorneys with Experience Litigating Against J.B. Hunt
J.B. Hunt Transportation Services, Inc. provides transportation and delivery services throughout the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. Based in Lowell, Arkansas, J.B Hunt is one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America, with annual revenues in excess of $9 billion.
J.B. Hunt claims that safety is the company’s top priority. Well-intentioned as that may appear, government safety data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) tells a different story. According to the FMCSA, J.B. Hunt has been cited more than 7,000 times over the last two years for safety violations. Over the same time span, J.B. Hunt trucks have been involved in more than 1,500 crashes.
Many law firms market themselves as truck accident lawyers. Few, however, have the necessary experience and resources to take on a major transportation company like J.B. Hunt. We do.
Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman has obtained justice and compensation on behalf of clients in litigation against J.B. Hunt.* If you or a family member was harmed in a J.B. Hunt truck crash, retaining the right accident lawyer is critical. Our experience representing tractor-trailer accident victims is vast:
J.B. Hunt semi-trucks are involved in an accident almost every day. In our experience, trucking companies like J.B. Hunt make every effort to limit the amount of compensation paid to anyone harmed in a car crash, motorcycle crash, or pedestrian accident that involves one of their 18-wheelers.
If you or a family member sustained truck accident injuries in a crash involving a J.B. Hunt truck, someone from the company may call you and offer settlement compensation. Before you consider accepting any settlement, we highly recommend that you consult with a truck accident attorney first to protect your rights and learn the actual potential value of your claim. In addition to seeking just compensation for the victims of these accidents, these lawsuits have resulted in enhanced safety reforms in the trucking industry.
Retaining a truck crash law firm—one with experience litigating against J.B. Hunt—provides the best chance of obtaining justice and maximizing compensation for you and your family.
J.B. Hunt Company Snapshot
Johnnie Bryan Hunt founded J.B. Hunt Transport Services in Lowell, Arkansas in 1961. By 1983, J.B. Hunt’s fleet grew to 550 tractors and 1,049 trailers with roughly 1,050 employees. Today, J.B. Hunt is one of the largest trucking companies in the U.S. with about 24,000 employees, more than 12,000 trucks, and in excess of 100,000 trailers and containers.
J.B. Hunt Transport Trucking Operations
J.B. Hunt’s trucking operations include four segments:
- Intermodal (JBI): Provides intermodal freight transport, including origin and destination pickup, and delivery services. JBI operates over 88,000 pieces of company-owned trailer equipment and owns and maintains its own chassis fleet of 81,448 units. JBI also manages a fleet of 5,017 company-owned semis, 633 independent contractor trucks***, and 6,208 company truck drivers.
- Dedicated Contract Services (DCS): Provides supply-chain solutions supporting transportation networks. DCS operates over 9,000 company-owned trucks, 412 customer-owned trucks, and dozens of independent contractor trucks***. Additionally, DCS owns more than 20,000 pieces of trailer equipment and operates about 6,000 customer-owned trailers.
- Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS): Provides traditional freight brokerage and transportation logistics solutions, including less-than-truckload, expedited, flatbed, refrigerated, and various box truck and intermodal solutions. ICS also offers single-source logistics management for companies that want to outsource their transportation functions.
- Truckload (JBT): Provides full-load and box truck freight transport using more than 1,100 company-owned semi-trucks.
J.B. Hunt Accident Statistics
According to U.S. Department of Transportation statistics, J.B. Hunt was involved in 1,509 truck crashes over a recent 24-month period. More than 500 of those crashes resulted in injuries and 36 caused fatalities.
Only a few trucking companies—including FedEx and UPS—were involved in more crashes over the same period of time.
According to the FMCSA, some of the violations among J.B. Hunt truck drivers included:
- Speeding 15-mph or more over the posted speed limit
- Texting while driving
- On-duty and in possession of drugs, including narcotics or amphetamines
- Speeding in a work or construction zone
- Hours-of-service violations, including driving while impaired by fatigue
You Need a Board-Certified Truck Accident Attorney with a Proven Track Record Against J.B. Hunt
If you or a member of your family was injured or killed in a car crash, pedestrian accident, or motorcycle crash involving a J.B. Hunt truck, you need a lawyer (https://www.academyoftruckaccidentattorneys.org/certification.php) with experience investigating and litigating trucking claims. Our firm has obtained justice and compensation on behalf of victims of J.B. Hunt truck accidents.
Call today to speak with a J.B. Hunt truck crash attorney. Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman offers free, no-hassle case evaluations, and one of our trucking lawyers can answer any questions you may have about your claim.
* Our past performance, verdicts or settlements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
** Board Certifications through the National Board of Trial Advocacy. https://www.nbtalawyers.org/
*** Some of the “independent contractor” drivers may be proven to work as employees of J.B. Hunt.