|Aviation Accidents, Catastrophic Injury, Commercial Truck Accidents, Complex and Multi-District Litigation, Mass Disaster Litigation, Personal Injury Law, Product Liability Law, Railroad Accident Litigation, School Bus Accidents, Structural Collapses, Traumatic Brain Injury, Wrongful Death Law
Timothy A. Loranger is a member of the national mass disaster law firm of Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman. A consumer attorney, pilot and avid citizen advocate, Tim concentrates his practice on product liability law and commercial transportation accidents resulting in catastrophic personal injury or death.
Tim has experience working on numerous commercial truck, bus and aviation cases involving negligent design, operation, and maintenance. His experience in these cases, combined with a varied background in science and mechanics, has given him significant insights into finding and proving the causation in these accidents.
A veteran of the United States Marines Corps, Tim served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. His experience as a Marine prepared him for a career in the legal field where service, honor, compassion, perseverance and dedication are essential traits.
During this time, Tim worked as a mechanic on jet aircraft throughout the U.S., including the Marine Corps Air Station in El Toro, California, San Diego, California, Memphis, Tennessee, and Jacksonville, Florida. He spent countless hours repairing and maintaining RF-4b, F/A-18, and C-130 aircraft at both the squadron and intermediate maintenance levels. During this time, Tim developed a strong passion for aviation and aviation safety.
Tim developed a life-long desire to fly at a young age and earned his pilot's license over 10 years ago. He still finds time to fly even with the more than full-time practice of law.
After serving in the Marines, Tim earned a bachelor’s degree in Biology from California State University, Northridge and his law degree from Southwestern University School of Law.
As a proud member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) and Consumer Attorneys of California, Tim is a part of an extensive association of plaintiff attorneys dedicated to representing consumers in, and protecting them from, unsafe products, unsafe medicine, unfair business practices and unscrupulous, negligent corporate conduct.
Tim dedicates himself beyond the courtroom by lobbying for consumer safety legislation as a strong advocate for victim’s rights and equal access to justice. He is an active member of various committees within the CAALA. He is a member of the Government Relations Committee, the Public Relations Committee, the Listserve Committee, the New Lawyers Committee, and the Mentor Program.
CAALA has honored Tim with two awards for his tireless efforts to preserve victims' rights and for his advocacy for consumer safety.
In his spare time, Tim raises money for the Livestrong Foundation, runs in marathons and trains and competes in triathlons, with plans for a full distance Ironman Triathlon November 2013. He receives his greatest joy spending time with his wife, Desiree, and his daughter, Elizabeth.
Tim has also been an active member of the civil air patrol—a benevolent, nonprofit organization and auxiliary of the new U.S. Air Force, dedicated to aerospace education.
- Los Angeles, California, 1969
- California State University Northridge (B.A., Biology, 1999)
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA (J.D., 2002)
- Private Pilot License, Single Engine Land, USA (1999)
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
- District of Columbia, 2013
Awards and Honors:
- Selected to: Southern California Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2011 - 2013
- Avvo.com Superb Score 10 out of 10
- Listed, The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- Presidential Award of Merit 2008, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Presidential Award 2007, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Grand Prize – 1st Annual Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association Essay Contest, “Side Trips” Within the Warsaw Convention, LPBA Journal, Vol. XXIII, No.3, Fall 2002
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The American Association for Justice: Leader’s Forum; Interstate Trucking Litigation Group; Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway, and Premises Liability Section
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Government Relations Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- ListServe Committee
- New Lawyers Committee
- Mentor Program
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Civil Air Patrol, United States Air Force Auxiliary
- “‘Side Trips’ Within the Warsaw Convention”
LPBA Journal, Vol, XXIII, No. 3
Pro Bono & Civic Activities:
- Member, Civil Air Patrol, a benevolent, nonprofit organization and auxiliary of the new U.S. Air Force dedicated to aerospace education.
- Fund Raiser, Livestrong Foundation, Los Angeles Marathon, 2011 – Raised $1,500.00 to help in the fight against cancer and to assist cancer survivors and their families to Livestrong.
- “Hard Corps” Sprint Triathlon, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA, August 7, 2010
- 33rd Annual Manhattan Beach 10k, Manhattan Beach, CA, October 2, 2010
- “Day at the Beach” Triathlon, Hermosa Beach, CA, October 10, 2010
- Cedars Sinai “Run for Her” 5K, Los Angeles, CA, November 14, 2010
- San Dimas “Turkey Tri” Triathlon, San Dimas, CA, November 26, 2010
- Redondo Beach Super Bowl 10K run, Redondo Beach, CA, February 6, 2011
- LA Marathon (Dodger Stadium to Santa Monica, CA, March 20, 2011
- 13.1 Los Angeles Half Marathon, Venice Beach, CA, January 18, 2011
- Los Alamitos 30th Annual “Race on the Base” Triathlon, Los Alamitos, CA,
February 26, 2011
- Warrior Dash 2011- Lake Elsinore, CA, April 3, 2011
- “Hard Corps” Sprint Triathlon, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA, August 6, 2011
- United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro, California, Corporal, Aircraft Hydraulic Mechanic (RF-4B, F/A-18, C-130), 1988 – 1992
- Veteran of Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, 1990-1991
- Navy Unit Commendation
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award (2nd Award)
- Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
- Good Conduct Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (w/2 bronze stars)
- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
- Rifle Expert Badge
Print This Page